Ann Van Dyke MBE
Managing change, tackling inequality
I am a freelance consultant based in Cornwall offering tailored packages to bring about positive change. I have extensive experience of designing and delivering services and support that tackle inequality, and make a lasting difference to children, families and communities. I work at all levels from national policy to supporting individuals.
I specialise in:
- Voluntary and community sectors
- Children’s services
- Early years and childcare
- Family support services
- Extended services
- Early intervention
I believe in:
- Being part of the solution to a series of social and economic challenges
- Helping people and communities to help themselves
- Directly taking action to address inequality
- Leading positive change
- Working ethically and sustainably
- Management by inclusion, co-operation and engagement of stakeholders and staff
I can help you with:
- Designing, delivering and reviewing strategies, services, policies and projects
- Designing and delivering positive client and customer consultation/engagement
- Delivering inspiring presentations to reach your audience effectively
- Designing and facilitating workshops which engage, and promote positive change
- Efficiently and objectively reviewing your business, project or service plan and implementing improvements
- Writing successful bid and grant applications
- Skilfully facilitating peer support and supervision
- Developing functioning and effective multi-agency models of delivery, including frameworks to support and sustain good outcomes
- Setting up and supporting partnerships, decision making bodies, and organisational structures, ensuring appropriate accountability frameworks are in place
- Sharing best practice by identifying and writing case studies
So like many folks, as lock down hit, my work slowed to a stop. I started various DIY projects at home, (and I do have a great looking garden now), but I found it hard to settle. This was after all not a holiday but a national emergency. I was introduced to a group of...
As well as working nationally I love the work I do locally to help develop sustainable projects, particularly where it directly addresses inclusion. I’ve successfully supported several local groups to write funding bids, business plans and register as charities. I...
I’ve been lucky enough to work as a consultant with a fabulous organisation over the last eight years. Hempsall’s have successfully delivered two consecutive contracts for the Department for Education, the first supporting the delivery of the early years entitlement...
When I first moved back home to Cornwall in 2001, I set up and managed a Sure Start Local Programme. I managed several million pounds of services (capital and revenue projects) to improve the outcomes of a generation of families with 0-5s. Again, I led a co-operative...
Ann’s professionalism and sunny disposition are contagious. Her briefing sessions for multi professionals and Early Years providers have been extremely beneficial and well received smoothing out uncertainties and concerns. Ann doesn’t duck hard challenges that come her way. She is honest and truthful in what she delivers but puts children and families first.
Ann has been instrumental in supporting the charity, giving business advice to us and helping us to achieve official charity status in Oct 2016. She continues to support us with business planning and committee and trustee management. We completely trust the advice she gives us and are very grateful for her support.
Ann’s impact has been significant. She has energetically, creatively and passionately supported the regional implementation of two key, significant, and impactful early years and childcare programmes. Namely, 30 hours of childcare for three- and four-year-olds of working families, and 15 hours of early learning for least advantaged two-year-olds. Ann’s strong passion for social mobility helped her to support and encourage local authorities to engage in the project and begin to develop places. Ann has a reputation for her infectious positivity and passion.
Ann believes in positive action to address inequalities, and certainly showed this over the last few months. During the COVID-19 lockdown she voluntarily coordinated several hundred volunteers to sew several thousand cloth masks, as part of a wider response to PPE shortages in Cornwall. Ann quickly established a positively led co-operatively run team behind the scenes. The group still produces ethically produced re-usable masks today.
Please get in touch
The following documentation is available on request:
Health and Safety Policy
Policies and Working Documents List
Risk Assessment Form
AVD policies and working documents list
Equality and Diversity Policy